So about a week ago the girls were playing in the bathtub and Eliya starts crying saying that her tooth hurts. I figured she bumped it or something and didn't think too much about it. An hour later she is still crying because her tooth hurts, she shows me and sure enough her bottom tooth is loose. So I'm asking her what happened in the bathtub and the story comes out that she bit a washcloth that Gabie than pulled on and it 'hurt my tooth'. Hmmm....
I about freaked out and told her not to touch it, to swish with milk and be very careful not to bump it - after all, she just turned 4 and probably wouldn't be getting her permanent tooth in for a couple more years. 2 days later it was still loose, so I took her to the dentist to have them check it and they said that her permanent tooth was right there pushing it out. I couldn't believe it! I have never heard of kids loosing teeth this early, but the dentist reassured me that although early, still normal, and that the only way for it to really get loose with a washcloth tug was for it to already be a little loose, and that the bathtub incident was not the cause - whew! So we went ahead and let her wiggle it and with each passing day the permanent tooth pushed a little higher up. Well, today was the big day - it came out! She was so excited - and insisted I post it right away so she could show everybody. :0)




4 comments:
Good for you, Eliya! You're growing up!
Yaaay, Elie!!!
Eliya, how much money did you get?
YEAH!! Way cool. Gennessee, too, was an early tooth loser. She was just four when she lost her first tooth, as well.
Post a Comment